Austin Trail of Lights Kicks off Dec. 16 with Exciting Events for the Whole Family
Austin Trail of Lights Features Themed Nights,
Food Trailers, Performers and Special Activities
AUSTIN, TX (December 10) – The Austin Trail of Lights is making the season bright with a celebration of community, memories and fun for the whole family to enjoy. The festivities begin with the Trail of Lights 5K on Dec. 15th at 6:30 pm. The Grand Opening celebration on December 16th starts off 8 nights of family and community celebrations concluding with Closing Ceremonies on Sunday, December 23rd. Celebrations run 6:30 to 10:00 pm nightly. Admission is free.
Each night offers a complete holiday outing with performances, fun activities and dining opportunities. Nightly celebrations will feature a special theme celebration and highlight numerous performers, dancers, singers, musicians and carolers on the Trail of Lights Entertainment Stage, presented by EZCORP.
“EZCORP is proud to sponsor the Trail of Lights Entertainment Stage,” said Paul Rothamel, CEO of EZCORP. “The Trail of Lights is the perfect opportunity to put Austin’s talent, spirit and tradition on a stage for all of us to enjoy.”
Performances include Champions Westlake Bravo Performance Team, Sole Songs Dance Academy, Capital City Men’s Chorus and River City Twirl and Dance. A full list of nightly performers is available at www.austintrailoflights.org Special Austin performers will also be making surprise visits to the Trail of Lights Entertainment Stage, presented by EZCORP throughout the 8-night celebration.
“Austin is known for throwing a party for the rest of the world. The Trail of Lights is a party Austin throws just for us,” said Paul Carrozza, CEO of RunTex. “Great things happen when Austinites get together. And for 8 magical days at the Trail of Lights, we can get together to celebrate together.”
The Trail of Lights theme nights and special presentations include the following:
- Sunday, Dec 16 (Opening Night): Light it Up!
- Special performance by Jonathas Ojeda from Season 2 of The Voice
- Monday, Dec 17:
- Heroes Night—a night to celebrate our military and public service heroes
- Color Guard and Pipe & Drum Core processional
- Tuesday, Dec 18: Uniquely Austin Night
- Who knows what you’ll see on the Trail tonight? One thing is certain, it’s sure to be unique!
- Wednesday, Dec 19: Heritage Night, presented by EZCORP
- Celebrating the many different heritages found in our diverse city.
- Thursday, Dec 20: School Spirit Night
- Wear your school colors and show your school spirit at the Trail tonight!
- Friday, Dec 21: Caroling Night, presented by Samsung Austin Semiconductor
- Join in as Austin attempts to set a world record for the most people caroling together.
- Saturday, Dec 22: Santa & Elf Night
- Show your holiday spirit! Don your favorite set of elf ears, Santa Hat, or reindeer antlers for a stroll down the Trail.
- Sunday, Dec 23: Grand Finale
- Last chance to see the lights- pack up the family and come on down for one last look!
More than 20 of Austin’s famous food trailers will help make the night a complete family outing with great dining options. Food and drinks will be available, including hot chocolate, cider and bits from local food trailers including:
- Austin’s Pizza
- Chi’Lantro BBQ
- Crepe Crazy
- Hill Country Kettle Korn
- La Fantabulous Taqueria
- Be More Pacific
- Boomerang’s Pies
- Mellizoz Tacos
- Funtastic Funnel Cakes