Trail of Lights Shuttle, Parking and Access Update
Due to extraordinary turn out for opening night of the Trail of Lights on Sunday, 12/16, we added extra shuttles and expedited shuttle lanes on Monday to ensure everyone who rides a shuttle can make their way to the celebration.
The expedited shuttle routes kept things flowing for the estimated 40,000 people who attended Hero’s Night on Monday, 12/17.
Updated shuttle information:
- Three additional shuttles were added to each shuttle location leaving from Republic Square Park, Barton Creek Mall and Kreig Field Softball complex. There are now a total of 39 shuttles leaving these shuttle locations. On Friday, 12/21 and Saturday, 12/22, there will be a total of 50 shuttles circulating between shuttle locations and Zilker Park.
- Shuttles coming into Zilker Park will drive in dedicated shuttle lanes to avoid car traffic and ensure shuttle riders are delivered as quickly as possible.
- The last shuttles will leave shuttle locations at 9 pm in order to deliver riders to the gates by 10 pm.
- The last shuttles out of Zilker Park will leave at 10:30 pm.
- Parking at Zilker Park costs $10 cash.
- Patrons using the Republic Square Park shuttle will need to park in paid lots around the park.
- Parking at Barton Creek Mall and Kreig Field is free.
- The front gate opens at 6:30 pm. On some nights we will be recognizing special Austinites such as Monday’s Hero’s Night to honor military, veterans and public servants for their work. Honored dignitaries, as well as those who need additional assistance navigating the Trail of Lights, will be the first through the gates. Security will ensure that traffic through the gates is paced with safety of trail goers as the top priority.
- The front gate at the Trail of Lights closes at 10 pm. Patrons who enter the gate by this time will be permitted to walk through the entire Trail of Lights.
- We encourage people who require additional assistance navigating the Trail of Lights to arrive early.
- Those who would like additional time or require assistance going through the Trail of Lights will be permitted to go through the Trail immediately following the opening carriages.
- There are a limited number of golf carts available to shuttle those who require assistance through the Trail of Lights. These shuttles will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.